Dear Colleagues: Seeking your kind assistance in disseminating this information.
ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS UNTIL NOVEMBER 15TH 2015.
Energy Policy is the leading international peer-reviewed journal addressing the policy implications of energy supply and use from their economic, social, planning and environmental aspects.
This Special Issue – Energy Policy for the Future of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) – is open for all contributors in the field of energy studies as they pertain to the unique challenges and opportunities of SIDS. We invite submissions of novel and original papers and reviews to this Special Issue that are grounded in sound scientific/ technical evidence and analysis with clear linkages and potentially high impact on energy policy design, analysis, implementation, evaluation, planning and decision-making.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
• Renewable and non-renewable resource development, exploitation, management and legal and regulatory regimes
• Climate change and environmental issues such as emissions and pollution prevention technology
• Energy conservation and efficiency in key economic sectors such as transportation, tourism and manufacturing
• Power generation and distribution: utilities and regulations; competition and markets; supply and demand economics; grid development and access
• Financing and investment generation; pricing and competition; commercialization of renewables; multilateral interventions
• Energy infrastructure and disaster risk reduction including the nexus with other critical infrastructure such as water resources and telecommunications
To submit a paper to this Special Issue, please go to http://ees.elsevier.com/jepo and click on “Submit new manuscript”. Please select ‘SI: Energy Policy for SIDS’ as the Article Type.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2015
Managing Guest Editor:
Dr. Kalim U. Shah
School of Public & Environmental Affairs
Indiana University, United States
Tel.: + 647 955 5705; +219 980 6617